Bulgaria Fee Schedule
Revised January, 2016
- $7,500 Children’s Hope International Agency FeeIncludes:$300 application fee$2,000 agreement and document fee (review/counsel)$4,700 dossier fee (includes information, assistance, preparation, presentation and translation of dossier)$500 humanitarian aid
$3,500 International Program Fee: (due upon submission of dossier)
Includes: translation, liaison with government and agency authorities, social services, development fee, facilitation, adoption, travel coordination, post adoption processing.
$1,000 Post-Adoption Support Fee (mailing, processing, follow-up) (Due upon referral)
- $4,000 Referral Fee –(Due when child assignment is accepted)Includes:Final adoption paperwork, travel preparation & coordination of your trip.Sibling fee(If adopting more than one child the referral fee is double)
$6,000 Final International Program Fee (Due before 2nd trip to bring child home)
Approximate Cost of Adoption not including travel $22,000.00
- Travel Costs: Approximate travel costs for 2 parents $10,500.00Includes:
$3,000 x 2 Airfare – US to Bulgaria round trip per trip (coach fare)$1400 inside country travel (2 trips)$1200 Hotel (room/board for 2 trips, each one week, 2 adults/1 child)$500 Child’s documentation – visa, passport, medical, etc. (approximate per child)$500. Airfare for child – will vary depending on the age$900 Interpreter ($65 per day- 2 trips)
Approximate Total Cost for 2 adults adopting an infant – $32,500.00
FEES WILL BE PAYABLE ONLY AS SERVICES ARE RENDERED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF POST ADOPTION FEES. NO FEES ARE REFUNDABLE AFTER SERVICES ARE RENDERED.
Other costs will include:
- Home Study and Post Adoption fees, these fees are determined by the agency you choose.
- I-800A immigration fee $720.00 + $85 per person over the age of 18 living in your home to be fingerprinted.
- Documentation fees vary from state to state. The cost will be approximate $300 for documents to be notarized and apostilled but it depends on the state in which you live.
- Visa to Bulgaria ($130 per person plus courier fees)
- Other costs: shopping, telephone expenses, and tips while in country
Children’s Hope International’s fees are good for one year from the date that you signed your application. Children’s Hope International has no control over other agencies’ fees (Bulgaria adoption fees, CIS, Non CHI Home Study Agency, etc.). If your name is not on the dossier list within this year, then you need to submit a new application and pay the current year’s fees.
None of the children that you see here are available for adoption. We have received permission from each child’s parent or guardian to use their child’s photo on our website.