Ready to sponsor ? Have questions about sponsoring a child?
These are just a few of our most frequently asked questions,
Why sponsor a child at Alenah’s Home?
You Are My Hope sponsorship is unique because we look at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their world. Then we work within all that is happening in Alenah’s Home to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better future for all children. We call this our community development approach. Children don’t get cash every month, but instead we pool monthly sponsorship donations and leverage them for maximum effectiveness. Children with special needs have multiple sponsors to meet the costs of their medicine and care. We want to make the community a healthier place to grow up for every child in the community. Depending on the needs we create a vibrant, sustainable future for everyone.
Sponsoring a child through You Are My Hope means that children, families, and communities have a sustainable, comprehensive plan for a bright future. Nourishing food and life-saving healthcare help children stay in school; education lifts entire families out of poverty; economic opportunity creates jobs and secure futures; the love of God brings hope and spiritual transformation.
What is child sponsorship?
When you sponsor a child through You Are My Hope, you get to look into their lives each month through monthly updates and pictures, but you also get to partner with your child’s community to address the root causes of their need. Sponsorship helps bring them things like healthcare, education, nutritious food, protection from exploitation, economic opportunity, gender equality, and God’s hope.
Sponsoring a child is one of the most effective, inspiring, and rewarding things you can do to give hope to children in need. Through Children’s Hope development approach, our sponsorship programs help children find a brighter future.
How do I sponsor a child
1. Choose a child to sponsor whose story, interests, and circumstances resonate with you.
2. Every month, your $39 sponsorship donation is pooled with other sponsors to fund programs that benefit your child and their community for the greatest needs.
3. Along the way, you can build a relationship with your sponsored child and your child’s community through monthly online updates, prayer and emails from you to them. Sponsors who have the flexibility and resources can even arrange visits to see their child.
By sponsoring a child, you get to watch the impact of your donation on both that child and on his or her community. Child sponsorship with Children’s Hope has a huge multiplier effect. We stretch your dollar as far as possible to help lift both your child and their peers into health and hope. In fact, for every child sponsored, 4 other children in the community are helped!
How much does it cost to sponsor a child?
Child sponsorship for children at Alenah’s Home is $39 a month and it will go to meet the greatest need of the child and the community..
Why sponsor a child?
1. For relationship: We were created for relationships — to be in community with God, with each other, and especially with those who need our help. That’s when we’re most fully alive. Child sponsorship is one of those joyful connections, and it’s a practical way to show God’s love to a child in need.
2. For meaning: Some of you sponsor a child to introduce your own children to global issues. Some sponsor to pass on your values to your children / grandchildren.
3. For effectiveness: Sponsoring a child at Alenah’s Home through Children’s Hope means helping your sponsored child and the whole community out of hopelessness into health and a future.
Where can I sponsor a child?
Our child sponsorship work focuses on Alenah’s Home for special children with needs in Beijing. You can rest in the knowledge that you’re effectively helping the greatest in for a child in a community of need.
How long is my child sponsorship commitment?
When you sponsor, you get to create a long-term friendship with a child in need. While you can cancel at any time, you may continue sponsoring your child for as long as your child remains in the program. Many sponsors enjoy staying in touch over several years.